The Naysayer

I am the one they call The Naysayer. What can I say? I Naysay.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

True Vacation--afterwards

Well--I had an amazing time with my sister. We tried a little of everything! Seriously--we went hiking, we went to a fancy-schmancy tea place (think of a set straight from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon). We watched a documentary on migrant workers from Mexico. We ate at a Native American restaurant. Hell--my sister even cooked salmon my last day there! On the side, we slept in, worked out, and attended the opening night of a Jewish film festival! And on the more raw side, we watched some female cross-style combat (I'm sure there's an official term for this--it's like judo and kickboxing rolled into one). I also managed to read John Grisham's "The Brethren." GOOD TIMES!

Most importantly, catching up with my little sis was a lot of fun. And we didn't kill each other or anything!

Getting away from it all led to some mental clarity. My mind and body needed a rest, and upon returning, I am invigorated and excited. Grad school's gonna be a breeze now, right?! (Don't quote me on that.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home