The Naysayer

I am the one they call The Naysayer. What can I say? I Naysay.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

True Vacation on Hold

I arrive in Phoenix at 9:30 pm (Mountain Time). Standard luggage problems ensue; 45 minutes later, my lone suitcase transfigures.

I scheduled a 2-hour shuttle to Tucson a few days prior. I'm fairly certain I scheduled the 10:30 pm (Mountain) shuttle....my flight landed at 9:30 pm, after all, and my idea of a good time actually does not include waiting for two hours at an airport AFTER the flight.

I'm told that the 10:30 pm shuttle was not booked by anyone, and cancelled yesterday. I'd be taking the 11:30 pm bus.

I don't know what was more amusing--the pimply teenager not making eye contact as he shared this news (professional), his playing solitaire intently with playing cards (very professional), or his half-hour disappearance while the phone rang (promotion-worthy). Maybe he had other shuttles to cancel.

My true vacation was on hold until I could be transported to Tucson....but my resolve remains stronger than ever. I can't wait to get away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home